Eligibilty For Canada
Multiple factors are considered while judging a candidate for migration to the country. These include academic achievements, past job experience & profiles, language skills, and of course age and other professional skills.
The eligibility for PR visas status are based on your immigration points which you score on various factors and a score above 67 is required to be at least eligible.
The different criteria for deciding your Canada immigration points are listed below.
|Past Job Experience||15|
1. Language Skills
Knowledge of English and French may give you an edge among all other applications. Upper limit of 28 points is set for language skills which are based on test of listening, writing, reading and speaking skills.
2. Academic Qualifications
The upper point limit is 25 in this category.
You will require a ECA certificate, which makes your degrees (outside from Canada) valid for consideration in the immigration process.
3. Past Job Experience
Work experience is another great factor and the upper limit is of 15 points in this category. The points rewarded are based on multiple factors including on the job profile & hours as well as whether the job was full time or part time.
A maximum of 12 points are rewarded for the age category.
5. Job Offer
Having a job offer is another plus point for immigration process. Candidates with job offer from a Canadian Employer are preferred over others & they receive more points. However the job offer should not be less than of 1 year duration and also you must have the job offer before you started the immigration process.
6. Other Conditions
There are some more points rewarded for certain conditions such as spouse moving together to Canada, or a past degree from Canadian University or presence of some relatives.
How to improve CRS?
To get an “Invitation to Apply” one should always try to maximize his/her CRS. The draw for ITA is conducted regularly so there is always a second chance.
How To Better The Score?
- Better your language skills : Scoring well in the language tests can improve your CRS score. Having a good grip on French Language always acts as a plus point during the process. But a person should also focus on his/her English Proficiency as improving a language is easier than learning a new one.
- Get a PN, it will add a whooping 600 points for you.
- Having a job offer from an organization in Canada adds another 200 points(maximum). The points you will receive also depends on your job profile.
- A person may receive (upto) 120 points for continuing his tertiary education in Canada. The course or degree should be of 3 years.
- If the spouse is also moving to Canada with you, both of you would be rewarded extra spouse immigration points. A maximum of 40 points can be acquired in this category depending on multiple factors including Academic achievements, work skills & language skills.
- An additional of (upto) 600 points are rewarded to a candidate who has received a valid work offer from a Canadian employer. The job profile & offer must be validated by LMIA.
- Points are also rewarded to a person who wants to gain work experience by working in Canada. But the eligibility is that he/she should not be already having more than 3 years of experience of working in Canada.
How To Get A PN?
To apply and receive a PN, SINP is the advised way. One must score more than 60 points( out of hundred) to be considered for PN.
Following are the different groups under which a candidate is categorised but the candidate should already be clearing all the basic eligibility criteria.
1. Skilled Worker Group.
An international worker (who hasn't worked before in Canada) can apply for job experience in Canada. He/she would be judged on various factors including his/her skill set, past work experience & demand of that particular skill in Canada.
2. Experience group(Temporary Resident)
This is only for those individuals who are already residing in the country and they want to become a permanent citizen.
3. Business & farming category.
It’s for those people who want to create their own business to want to buy and work in a farm.
Application to the SINP consists of two steps :
- EOI(Expression of Interest) : Submit your EOI to SINP portal and you would receive a score upto 100 based on your data you submitted. To be eligible to submit an application you need to score upwards of 60 points.
- With the help of PN application, the PR status is easier to achieve when the SINP application is selected.
The factors assessed for SINP evaluation are :
- Your educational qualifications, job profile and experience, proficiency in languages and age are some of the factors which can get you upto 70 points.
- Connection to Labor Market can get upto 30 extra points.
In this program, a candidate is judged on multiple factors like age of applicant, academic qualifications, language skills, past job history & qualifications of spouse.
Criteria for moving permanently to Quebec :
- Should satisfy basic academic conditions.
- Should have professional skills which are in demand in the Job market of Canada.
- Purpose for application and settlement.
A candidate is judged on the following categories.
- Job Offer
- Candidate’s age
- Academic qualifications
- Communication skills, mostly in English language
- Past job history and relevant experience
- Dependants on the candidates
Let’s look at how the points are awarded for each category.
A maximum of 16 points are rewarded if you age between 18 and 35. Points rewarded for age decreases down the increasing age. For each addition to 1 years in the ideal upper limit( i.e. 35), 2 points are deducted. This means, a 36 year old candidate would receive only 14 points in comparison to a 35 year old candidate. A 37 year old would get 12 points and so on.
A maximum score of 14 points can be scored if you're qualified with a Doctorate.
|Postsecondary School Diploma||
|Diploma of Vocational course (Secondary School level)||6|
|General Diploma(Secondary school level)||2|
English & French Proficiency
French Language Proficiency
Maximum of 16 points can be secured under the French Language Proficiency.
English Language Proficiency
A maximum of 6 points can be secured under the English Language Proficiency.
A maximum of 8 points can be secured if you have an experience beyond 48 months. If you have a work experience more that 4 years (48 months), you will receive the maximum points (8). If your have experience in the range of 24 to 47 months, you will receive 6 points. For 6 to 11 months of experience, 4 points are rewarded.
|Age Of Child||Points|
|13 – 19||2|
|Not in Montreal||1|