Planning to study abroad can sometimes be an overwhelming task. With knowing what to choose and how to process everything, it can also be sometimes quite confusing. But we are here to help you! These guidelines break it all down for you in simple steps to give you a head start to your Study Abroad journey.
1. Research your options!
Before approaching any study abroad consultant, it is good to read about the different courses offered at several universities around the world. There are a plethora of courses and streams to choose from. It is important to narrow down your choice of location and stream of education. Here are some tips on how to know more about international education :
- You could ask your relatives or family members that have had a Study abroad experience.
- You could speak to your friends about their international education experience.
- Explore the websites of universities and databases
- You might want to post a question on your Facebook wall about it. It is surprising how that can help at times!
- It is good to read reviews about courses and universities from past students on the internet. However, it is important to not get carried away by it and form a judgement based on a person's single negative experience.
- If you do not know how to start, you can always look up and seek the advice of your nearby Study Abroad Counselor.
2. Make an appointment with us and get in touch with your Study Abroad Counselor.
Once you have chosen us, we will assign you a Study Abroad Counselor. We recommend you meet up with them to discuss your options. They will offer you all the information you need with every little detail. They will also help you get unbiased opinions based on which you can make an informed decision. And after weighing your options, you will be able to choose the University of your Choice.
3. It's Application Time!
After you have selected your university or universities, we will assist you in applying to them. We recommend you apply to more than one university and be more open to the various choices available. Most of the applications will require you to take either of the following tests :
GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT. Reach out to your Study Abroad Counselor to know more about the requirements in your country and universities of choice. It is important to take these tests well in advance. One must practice reading, speaking, listening and writing in English for TOEFL, IELTS and PTE tests. For GRE, GMAT, and SAT, one must practice verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, maths, integrated reasoning Et Cetera.. We will assist you with every single task in the application process, so don't worry!
4. Accepting your admission
After you have submitted your application, it will undergo a selection process. It may take some weeks to a few months before the Universities notify you. If you are selected, you will receive an admission offer letter. Your counselor will help you in filling the acceptance form. If you get offers from multiple institutions, your counselor will help you make the final decision.
5. Student Visa Process
After deciding your final university, you will need to apply for a student visa in the country of your choice.
6. Attend our pre-departure sessions
After you have procured your Student Visa, we will assist you in finding out about SIM cards, Health Insurance, money exchange services. And before you leave, don't forget to attend our pre-departure sessions! Good luck & Happy Journey!