Want to study abroad but can't decide where? We're here to provide you with all the information and assistance for your study abroad experience!
Canadian universities offer various under-graduate and post-graduate level programs for international students in various streams. High quality education with affordable tuition fees & scholarship schemes are among the most important aspects that attract International students to study in Canada. Student will be allowed to work full-time after graduating under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program and up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and is only available for study programs that last for more than 8 months.
Apart from being blessed with nature, Canada has sprawling campuses, worldwide recognised institutions and a very stimulating and encouraging environment for students.
Why study in Canada?
Canada has continually proved that it has one of the best education systems in the world. Here is a list of reasons that might help you consider Canada as the country of your choice for your study abroad experience.
- Studying abroad is an expensive affair. However, Canada has to offer something that is very rare. It costs only about CAN $ 25000 per year and about CAN $ 28000 for specialised courses such as Engineering and Medicine at an undergraduate level.
- Canada offers quality teaching and an exciting study environment that encourages the students to be creative and grow as an individual.
- Almost all the universities and colleges have departments and international offices devoted to students and their well-being. These usually offer personal counselling, career-related guidance as well as student welfare which help the students in their personal needs
- Canada boasts some of the best research universities in the world.
- Student can obtain a wide variety of internships.
- International students can be permitted to work 20 hours per week while studying and 40 hours per week during vacations and this can make the expense of this experience considerably economical while also giving student exposure to work environments.
- With world-class education, Canada gives opportunities to students to immerse themselves into the social and cultural events to get the most out of their experience.
- Vibrant campuses
- Immigration opportunities upon completion of studies.
- Safe and healthy environment and communities.
- Canada offers education in two languages - English and French. Its universities focus on technology, research and innovation and this only adds to the reputation of its degrees, diplomas and certificates that are well regarded throughout the world.
Before you make your decision, here are some of the criteria that Canada requires you to fulfil before you can kick-start your academic career.
- Graduation with at least 65% score from a UGC or AICTE recognised university.
- The degree should have been completed within the stipulated duration.
- Should not have more than 5 backlogs.
II. Post-Graduation Work Permit
- A student must study a course for a minimum of 8 months full-time to be eligible to stay back.
- If the student studies a course of duration less than 2 years, he/she is eligible for a post-graduation work permit of same duration
The tuition fees of courses and universities vary by province. But it costs approximately CAN $ 25000 per year. One must take into consideration that technical and professional courses such as engineering and medical costs more than arts degrees. The following are some details about the same.